Based on current trends in the wedding industry, here are some potential wedding trends that could emerge in 2023
- Intimate and Micro Weddings – With the ongoing uncertainty surrounding the pandemic, couples may continue to opt for smaller, more intimate weddings. Micro weddings, which typically have fewer than 50 guests, can offer a more personal and relaxed atmosphere, and allow couples to splurge on the details that matter most to them.
- Sustainability and Eco-Friendly Weddings – The growing awareness of climate change and environmental sustainability is likely to continue shaping wedding trends in 2023. Couples may look for ways to reduce the environmental impact of their wedding, such as using eco-friendly decor, choosing locally sourced or organic food and beverages, or opting for a venue with sustainable practices.
- Tech-Enhanced Weddings – Technology has been playing an increasingly significant role in weddings over the past few years, and this trend is likely to continue in 2023. From virtual invitations to interactive wedding photo booths, technology can help couples to create a more personalized and memorable wedding experience for themselves and their guests.
- Destination Weddings – Destination weddings have been growing in popularity over the past few years, and this trend may continue in 2023. Couples may choose to tie the knot in a picturesque location that offers breathtaking views and a unique cultural experience, while also providing a fun vacation for their guests.
- Bold and Non-Traditional Wedding Attire – As couples seek to make their weddings more personalized, traditional wedding attire may be eschewed in favor of bold and unconventional styles. From brightly colored suits to statement-making wedding dresses, 2023 weddings may feature a wide variety of daring fashion choices.
In conclusion, the wedding trends in 2023 are likely to reflect a continued focus on personalization, sustainability, and technology, with an emphasis on creating intimate and memorable experiences for both the couple and their guests.
But…what about wedding photography in 2023 ?
- More Candid and Emotional Shots – Wedding photography has been moving away from posed, formal portraits towards more candid, authentic moments, and this trend may continue in 2023. Couples may seek out photographers who specialize in capturing the emotional moments of their wedding day, such as tearful vows or joyful reactions from guests.
- Creative Use of Lighting – Photographers may experiment with different lighting techniques to create unique and artistic wedding photos. From using natural light to playing with shadows, lighting can be used to add drama and depth to wedding photos.
- Film Photography – The resurgence of film photography has been growing in recent years, and this trend may continue in 2023. Film photography offers a timeless, nostalgic quality that many couples find appealing, and can create stunning, dreamy images.
- Alternative Perspectives – Photographers may look for new and interesting ways to capture wedding photos, such as shooting from unusual angles or incorporating drone photography for aerial shots.
- Collaborative Storytelling – Couples may work with their photographers to create a cohesive story that reflects the unique personality and style of their wedding. This could involve creating a mood board or shot list to guide the photographer’s vision, and collaborating on the final selection of photos to ensure they capture the essence of the day.
In conclusion, wedding photography in 2023 is likely to focus on capturing candid, emotional moments, using creative lighting and alternative perspectives, and collaborating with couples to tell their unique story.